Wednesday 28 February 2024

 

Andrew Bridgen’s defamation suit against Midazolam Matt has its first hearing on Friday


In May last year, Andrew Bridgen, the Member of Parliament for North West Leicestershire, announced he was suing Matt Hancock for defamation.

Yesterday he tweeted that his legal claim against Matt Hancock will have its first public hearing on Friday.


Let’s not lose touch…Your Government and Big Tech are actively trying to censor the information reported by The Exposé to serve their own needs. Subscribe now to make sure you receive the latest uncensored news in your inbox…


On 11 January 2023, the former Health Secretary Matt Hancock, who was responsible for overseeing the UK Government’s covid response, described Mr. Bridgen as a “disgusting and dangerous” propagator of antisemitism.

In a video statement issued on 12 January 2023, Mr. Bridgen said: “My tweet of the 11th of January was in no way antisemitic … I wholeheartedly refute any suggestions that I am racist and currently, I’m speaking to a legal team who will commence action against those who have led the calls suggesting that I am.”

On 13 January 2023, Mr Bridgen tweeted “Matt Hancock has still not removed his defamatory tweet falsely alleging that I am antisemitic. I will allow Matt three days to apologise publicly for calling me an antisemite and racist or he will be contacted by my legal team.”

Midazolam Matt didn’t apologise. So, Mr. Bridgen began proceedings to sue Midazolam Matt for £100,000. Mr. Bridgen wants Hancock to pay damages to a legal fund for “people seeking collective redress for vaccine harms.”

In a letter to Hancock, on 18 January, five days after his tweet, Mr. Bridgen’s legal team set out the claim against Hancock and the demand for damages. It said: “By inclusion of the phrases ‘anti-Semitic’, ‘anti-vax’, ‘anti-scientific’ and ‘conspiracy theories’ the words are defamatory at common law.”

Yesterday, Mr Bridgen announced that his legal claim against Midazolam Matt is having its first public hearing on Friday, 1 March 2024.

My legal claim against Matt Hancock has its first public hearing on Friday. Mr Hancock seeks to strike out my claim, alleging that my claim is bound to fail because I was not named in his tweet.

I say the tweet was obviously about me, and he knew that at the time. If you’d like to watch it will start at 10:30 am on Friday in the Media List in London. I will update Twitter with the court number and location on Thursday when we find out. Anyone who cannot come might be able to request remote access from the court.

Andrew Bridgen MP on Twitternone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 GRAPHENE OXIDE DETOX  Electrolytes Cook with Himalayan salt because it has 84 minerals and it's the same saline as your blood.   ...